Members of the IPPEA receive the following benefits:
- Access to notes from annual conferences and all Community of Practice workshops
- A reduced fee for the annual conference
- The right to attend and vote at the IPPEA AGM
As the IPPEA is a non-profit organisation, membership subscriptions are used to promote physical activity in primary schools and to raise awareness of PE issues in schools and throughout the wider community.
1) Member: Full Membership may be granted to: (a) Individuals who possess an approved professional qualification in primary teaching. (b) Physical education lecturers in the colleges of education. Annual fee = €10 (PLEASE NOTE! cheques and postal orders are preferable. The IPPEA cannot be responsible for cash sent through the postal system).
2) Student: Student members are required to be engaged in a course of study in higher education leading to an initial qualification in primary teaching. Student members receive all the benefits of Individual Members, including reduced fees for conferences, and are exempt from a membership fee. Student members do not have voting rights.
3) Associate: Associate membership is open to individuals who have a specific qualification to teach P.E., individuals who work in the area of sport and recreation and whose interest and work supports either PE or school sport. Associate members do not have voting rights and are not eligible for election to the Executive Committee. Annual fee = €10 (PLEASE NOTE! cheques and postal orders are preferable. The IPPEA cannot be responsible for cash sent through the postal system).
4) Retired Members: Retired members are classed as members who no longer receive an income (ie. those living solely on a pension).
5) Honorary Members: Honorary Members are individuals who do not qualify for membership but whom the Association wishes to honour in an appropriate manner. Honorary Members do not have voting rights.
6) Professional Membership: Professional Membership is available to professional associations, libraries, colleges, teacher centres and other bodies who the executive committee deem suitable for inclusion in this category. They will be informed of all IPPEA activities, but do not have voting rights. The Executive Committee may also at their discretion admit to membership in any class any person who, although not otherwise qualified for a particular class, is nonetheless in their opinion a specially suitable and desirable person to be so admitted.
Membership Application Form
- Click Here to download an application form (version: March 2014)